Frequently Asked Questions
We understand you have questions about skilled nursing services. Here are a few of the questions we answer most frequently. If you have more questions please contact us – we’re here to help.
1. When should you consider moving to a skilled nursing facility?
Here are some good indicators your senior adult is ready for long term care:
• Cannot use telephone
• Unable to shop without assistance, or even shop at all
• Need meals prepared and served, or, cannot maintain an adequate diet
• Cannot participate in housekeeping activities
• Needs laundry done by others
• Needs travel assistance or does not travel at all
• Is incapable of dispensing own medication
• Is incapable of handling money or making day-to-day purchases.
In short, each resident is different and requires different levels of care. Contact us today if you feel your loved one needs additional care.
2. What may I bring with me when I move in?
The answer is not as complex as you might believe. Click here to see a list of hazardous items that are currently not allowed at Eufaula Manor Nursing and Rehab.
3. What are the visiting hours?
Eufaula Manor Nursing and Rehab does not have set visiting hours. We view this facility as the “home” of each resident. We would ask that if visiting on evenings and weekends that noise levels be kept at an appropriate level as they would be in your own home.
4. Can residents leave with their families? Can residents stay overnight with their families?
Yes, most residents are free to come and go with their family members. We do ask that you sign your loved one in and out at the nurse’s station. Also, please make sure and give the facility a 7 day notice so we may better support in any travel. Additionally, any resident that is currently receiving Medicare Part A benefits is not allowed to be out of the building overnight due to Medicare guidelines, but short day trips are allowed.
5. How will I take my family member to doctor visits?
Eufaula Manor Nursing and Rehab does provide transportation to and from appointments, we do ask for a 7 day notice if you or your family member makes the appointments.
6. Do I bring my family member’s medication upon admission?
No, once your family member is admitted to the facility, the facility will order and reorder all medication that is needed for your stay at Eufaula Manor Nursing and Rehab.